Op shop Store Manager - Three Kings
Hours: 10am- 5.30pm, 4-5 days per week, may include a Saturday shift
Our SPCA Op Shops have been a great success in raising funds for the Animal Village in Mangere.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Retail Manager to help manage a very busy SPCA Op Shop.
This is not your standard retail job, no 2 days will be the same! We require someone with lots of energy as you will be on your feet all day. Being a genuine people person is essential to successfully manage a team of volunteers who give their time freely.
The position available at Three Kings is a Management role and you will be required to work 4 to 5 days a week.
Essential Experience/Behaviours required for this role:
• At least 3 years in a Retail type role
• At least 1 year in a Management role within Retail
• A steady working history that demonstrates commitment
• Able to carry out the physical aspects of the job
• Good communication skills and the ability to deal with a wide range of people
• Ability to meet deadlines, cope well under pressure and achieve targets
• Experience in Manual Handling and Health and Safety practices preferred
Preferred Experience / Behaviours:
• Motivated and enthusiastic to make a difference
• High levels of personal and professional integrity
• Adaptable with a can-do attitude
• Be logical and have common sense
• Be able to work in a productive team environment
• Be flexible and open minded
• Must have own transport or able to get to work at specified times
Your passion for community causes and desire to make a difference will also hold you in good steed for this position. If you think you have what it takes, please apply today.
All application forms to be submitted via email to: email@example.com
• A current copy of your resume
• A cover letter detailing why you are the best candidate for the role.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Full time, permanent small animal veterinary nurse
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need since 1883. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused. We service the whole Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
We are looking for an experienced veterinary nurse to work in our animal hospital in Mangere. In this exciting role you will be working with a great team in a unique challenging environment and have an opportunity to further develop and strengthen your nursing skills.
Our dedicated team of veterinary nurses provide professional support to our hospital vets to achieve the best outcome for animals. You will be expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and empathy, and as part of the team, ensure that the animals receive best practice care and treatment.
You will be required to work some weekends and public holidays on a rostered basis.
• Veterinary nursing qualification
• Minimum of 2 years practical experience
• Dedication to animal welfare
• Excellent communication skills
• Great time management
• Good retention and recognition
• Able to work with and support both staff members and volunteers
If you are interested in a role where no two days are the same, and the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you!
Please apply in confidence by forwarding your CV and an accompanying cover letter outlining the key experience and values you would bring to this role to Paula Quigley, HR Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the position description can be provided on request.
Applications close on Monday May 1st 2017.