Op shop Store Manager - Three Kings
Hours: 10am- 5.30pm, 4-5 days per week, may include a Saturday shift
Our SPCA Op Shops have been a great success in raising funds for the Animal Village in Mangere.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Retail Manager to help manage a very busy SPCA Op Shop.
This is not your standard retail job, no 2 days will be the same! We require someone with lots of energy as you will be on your feet all day. Being a genuine people person is essential to successfully manage a team of volunteers who give their time freely.
The position available at Three Kings is a Management role and you will be required to work 4 to 5 days a week.
Essential Experience/Behaviours required for this role:
• At least 3 years in a Retail type role
• At least 1 year in a Management role within Retail
• A steady working history that demonstrates commitment
• Able to carry out the physical aspects of the job
• Good communication skills and the ability to deal with a wide range of people
• Ability to meet deadlines, cope well under pressure and achieve targets
• Experience in Manual Handling and Health and Safety practices preferred
Preferred Experience / Behaviours:
• Motivated and enthusiastic to make a difference
• High levels of personal and professional integrity
• Adaptable with a can-do attitude
• Be logical and have common sense
• Be able to work in a productive team environment
• Be flexible and open minded
• Must have own transport or able to get to work at specified times
Your passion for community causes and desire to make a difference will also hold you in good steed for this position. If you think you have what it takes, please apply today.
All application forms to be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• A current copy of your resume
• A cover letter detailing why you are the best candidate for the role.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Full time position, Mon-Fri, 40 hours per week - Weekend work may be required at times
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand. We have a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare and have been doing this since 1883. We service the Auckland region from Port Waikato to the Bay of Islands.
Our organisation relies on the good work and contribution made by our volunteers. Volunteers help us care for our animals and run our animal shelter and op shops. They also deliver our Outreach Therapy Pets Programme and support our fundraising initiatives. Volunteering is an integral part of the process used by our organisation to save the lives of the animals that come through our door.
We are seeking a professional person with a positive attitude that has a passion for working with both people and animals to be our Volunteer Department Manager. This exciting new role will lead our awesome team of coordinators who oversee our Outreach Therapy Pets, Foster and Village Volunteer programmes. This role is responsible for ensuring these three programmes are run efficiently and effectively meeting the needs of their area and contributing to the achievement of SPCA Auckland’s strategic objectives.
The successful candidate must be a team player with strong communication skills. They need to have an understanding of animals, animal welfare and the importance of volunteers to our organisation. Previous experience working with volunteers or customers is essential. Having led a team and worked with animals in the past is preferential. Excellent interpersonal skills are crucial as the role revolves around people and the retention of our volunteers is a core focus of the position.
Skills and abilities:
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills are essential
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Positive and professional in all dealings
• Strong computer skills
• Exceptional organisation and time management skills
• Flexible and approachable
• Believes in supporting staff and taking a pro-active team approach
• Must be passionate about working with both people and animals
Are you committed to the values of SPCA Auckland? Do you think this role sounds like something you’d be good at? If you think you are the right candidate for this role please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com by 12:00PM, Friday 26th of May. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.