Part-time Permanent Role
A great opportunity has become available for a permanent position within our Feline Team at SPCA Auckland.
If you are committed to animal welfare, want to make a difference for animals in need and enjoy working with passionate, hardworking and likeminded people then this may be the job for you!
We are seeking a confident and team orientated person to assist with feline care, rehoming, customer assistance, administration duties and general cleaning procedures.
The position available will be 32 hours per week on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Hours of work will be 8.00 am to 4.30pm, with a half hour lunch break.
The successful applicant will need to be flexible with days worked and be able to work public holidays when required.
The Feline Team is interactive with other departments within the village so excellent communication skills are required. Feline handling experience is preferred with further training provided.
• Assisting in the welfare and day to day general care of the animals in the Feline Team’s care
• Monitoring animal health and behaviour
• Liaising with SPCA veterinarians and the hospital team
• Complying with strict hygiene and infection control procedures
• Assisting visitors with adoptions and enquiries
• Processing and data entry
• Assisting volunteers
To be successful in your application you must have the following skills and abilities:
• Ability to work under pressure
• Team focused and able to work independently when required
• Able to multi-task and prioritise
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Excellent processing and data entry skills
• Reliability and commitment
• Able to keep up with a fast paced team and enjoy physical work
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - Jenna Fowler, Feline Team Leader, SPCA, Auckland. CV’s submitted without a covering letter will not be considered.
Applications close: 10th April 2017.
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1883. We service the Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
SPCA Auckland currently has a full time administration position available in our busy Canine team. This role is 40 hours per week, Sunday-Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm, but flexibility is required as you may need to assist with weekend and public holiday cover. This position provides administration support to the canine services within SPCA Auckland to ensure they can continue to be a high performing, effective, responsive and efficient team.
This is primarily an administration role with some general canine duties including:
• The administration of paperwork that is relevant to the Canine team including training documents, waiting lists for incoming dogs, Health and Safety related paperwork and policies and procedures.
• Processing of the weekly wage entries.
• Responsible for fielding all telephone and email enquiries relevant to the department.
• Responsible for updates to the SPCA adoption website and liaising with the Marketing and Adoptions teams.
• Providing practical support in the Adoptions area.
• Liaising with the Canine Volunteer Liaison Officer to ensure an effective service of our Canine Volunteers.
• Liaising with the Foster/Enrichment Co-ordinator to ensure effectiveness of our Canine Enrichment program.
• Overall responsibility for updating all Canine related forms and ensuring these are kept up to date.
• Organising the department to attend special events and to assist wherever required.
• Working closely with outside agencies such as other SPCA shelters, Animal Control or other community based agencies.
• Reporting any external or internal complaints relevant to the department.
• Assisting in canine areas as required and providing practical support to other team members whenever needed.
Essential skills and abilities required:
• Strong customer service skills.
• A good knowledge of computer data entry and strong computer skills.
• Strong motivational and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous dog handling experience and knowledge.
• Be prepared to be flexible and work the extra hours required above the standard hours
• Be a team player and develop respect from and towards others
• Strong organisational and time management skills
If you think you have what it takes to make this role successful and you support the SPCA values and mission, please send a copy of your CV, covering letter attached by e-mail: email@example.com. Or apply below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close on Monday 3rd April 2017.
Marketing & Fundraising Department
Part-time (Thursday and Friday), permanent
• Work for an organization you can be proud of
• Use your customer service skills to make a real difference for animals in need
• Join a small, dynamic and supportive team
Every year SPCA and protects 15,000 animals that have been abused, neglected or simply abandoned. We receive no government funding, yet without the SPCA there would be thousands of animals left in need with no-one to care for them.
You will be the first point of contact for our donors and financial supporters both on the phone and by email, so it is essential that you have strong customer service skills and excellent phone manner. You will also be responsible for processing and reconciling all incoming donations, monthly giving payments and merchandise orders. You will work across 3 databases and 1 payment gateway ensuring that all aspects of data entry and administrative support are provided in a timely and accurate manner. Due to this, a minimum data entry speed of 6000 KPH is essential.
This role is an integral part of the marketing and fundraising team; a fast paced, high performing team within a friendly and supportive team environment.
• Donor and financial supporter enquiries by phone and email
• Data entry and administration
• Processing of donations and financial transactions
Essential skills and experience required:
• Proven experience in customer service and administration
• Proven experience in data entry
• A minimum data entry speed of 6000 KPH
• Very good interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills including database systems and Microsoft Excel
• The ability to quickly learn new computer software
• Positive and professional in all dealings
• High levels of personal and professional integrity
If you’d like to use your skills to really make a difference, please send a covering letter and CV outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered. A position description is available on request.
Applications close on Wednesday 5th April 2017.
Full time, permanent role
The SPCA exists to protect sick, injured, lost and abused animals across the country. It succeeds in helping 60,000 animals each year due to the support of tens of thousands of caring Kiwi’s. We’re looking for an extraordinary Fundraising Manager who will help our supporters realise their aspirations for the animals of New Zealand.
Reporting to the National Marketing and Fundraising Manager and being a part of a professional and passionate team of 17, the Fundraising Manager is responsible for driving growth in fundraised income by prioritizing the needs and interests of SPCA supporters.
You will continue to build the SPCA’s regular giving programme, develop a national legacy programme, and lead a driven fundraising team. You will understand what motivates our supporters and how to best connect them to the work of the SPCA.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the SPCA at a time of historic change as we work towards becoming one national entity in 2017.
If you thrive on positive change, know that culture is the true backbone of a great team, and believe it is possible to create the best supporter experience and fundraising programme in the country, then we want to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
• Strategy development
• Fundraising programme implementation including regular giving
• Reporting and analysis
You will bring to the role:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising, business development or marketing roles
• A degree qualification
• Experience in running a regular giving programme
• Leadership skills
• Experience in analysing results in order to further develop the programme and sustain the best long term ROI
• Ability to lead and support a team during a period of change
• Personal attributes that include integrity, resilience and determination
This role is based in SPCA Auckland’s office in Mangere and requires some flexibility to work outside business hours, so flexibility and own transport is a must, as is the right to work in New Zealand.
Please send a CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria to Paula Quigley- HR Coordinator email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
A position description is available on request.
Applications close Friday 31st March 2017.