Health and Safety Training Coordinator
Location: SPCA Auckland Centre, Mangere
Contract: 12 month fixed-term
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
The SPCA is a charity that helps protect animals who are sick, injured, lost, abused or simply abandoned. Every year, our 40 SPCA Centres across the country receive over 45,000 animals through their doors and 14,000 animal welfare complaints.
We are seeking a confident and highly organised person who can deliver the organisations health and safety training needs and assist in the management of the health and safety systems of the SPCA Auckland Centre.
You will provide ongoing quality-focused health and safety inductions and training for the staff and volunteers at the centre. You will draw on your previous coordination experience to deliver a robust health & safety training system to align with legislation and our organisational goals. You will also monitor and audit implementation of health and safety SOP’s (‘How To’s’) to ensure competent training is being provided and competency is achieved.
This is what we are looking for:
Knowledge and Experience
Skills & Abilities
If you’d like to use your skills to really make a difference, and you match the above criteria we would love to hear from you!
Please apply via SEEK to Tracy Dunn, Animal Services Manager with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
A position description is available on request from email@example.com.
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1883.
The SPCA Auckland centre in Mangere requires a Laundry Assistant to be responsible for providing a laundry service and maintaining an adequate supply of clean laundry to meet the needs of the centre. There is an expectation of a high level of safety focus and commitment to quality through all aspects of the role. The position is a mixture of indoor and outdoor work and requires skills and knowledge to handle a fast paced environment and is committed to delivering an excellent service. Flexibility on hours can be discussed with the right candidate however the proposed (20) hours per week are as follows:
Monday: 8.30am - 4.00pm
Wednesday: 8.30am - 3.00pm
Friday: 8.30am - 4.00pm
• Undertake all basic laundry tasks including wash, dry, hang and fold laundry as required.
• Handle all laundry in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner.
• Promptly deliver cleaned linen and clothing to proper locations.
• Clean and maintain laundry storage areas in the centre.
Skills and abilities:
• Previous experience in cleaning/laundry would be an advantage.
• Being able to handle a fast paced environment and is committed to delivering an excellent service.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/ maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Need to have a good level of physical health and fitness.
• Able to work in outside weather conditions at all times of the year.
• Able to work independently and be flexible with days and hours of work, extra hours may be required for special projects.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Would you like to work for an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of animals every day? Then please apply with your CV to: Gary Martin Facilities Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Monday January 8th 2018. A copy of the position description is available on request.